Emily

@emilys



22
posts
22
works
76
following
134
followers
2.3k
words read
emilys
emilys
Emily . 4 years ago
J
Your name never passed through my lips that way Only ever inquisitively, or to welcome
15
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 4 years ago
The Girl in the Coffee Shop
You swallowed the feelings bubbling up, Thoughts and troubles you cannot deal with
13
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 4 years ago
Captivity By Emily S.
The memory played out in my head, my steps now matching exactly with my steps then. We walked down the same hallway, but now I was being led through a door I'd never noticed, it was off to the side an...
10
0
1
emilys
emilys
Emily . 4 years ago
The Weight of Water An except
I'm sitting in the back of our four door sedan as we merge onto the interstate, my dad's in the driver's seat, the passenger seat empty. When we got in he asked me to sit in the back. I didn't protest...
14
0
3
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
Heathmoore
For being such a dismal place on the inside, the outward appearance of Heathmoore was anything but. The roses varied in color. Some were the type my mother had in her garden back home. I walked a litt...
2
0
1
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
The Way of Innocence
There is a way to This world
1
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
The Weight of Water Excerpt
My evening pill comes only a few minutes later, they’ve upped the dose. “But only slightly,” Dr. Morris made sure to note, her voice sugary and still too happy. I take it anyways. Quickly my head begi...
3
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
Illusions
You think I tell you everything And it pains me to say that just isn’t true
1
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
The Passenger Seat
My dearest Lacey, How I do despise the color green. It is a ghastly intrusion to the senses. I’m sure by now you’ve noticed this too. I don’t care for the way it prods at you, constantly pricking and...
15
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
Limits
Do you ever look up to the sky and realize How small we are?
15
0
3
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
The Weight of Water- Opening Scene
The sun warms my skin as dappled light filters through the leaves. My father hoists me high above his head, spinning me around until I’m dizzy with laughter. My mother, from across the lawn, beams at ...
5
0
1
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
The Weight of Water pt 1
My evening pill comes only a few minutes later, they’ve upped the dose. “But only slightly,” Dr. Morris made sure to note, her voice sugary and still too happy. I take it anyways. Quickly my head begi...
13
0
2
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
A bed with wheels
Helplessness
101
0
6
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
Departures
For Cindy and Jake
15
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
Capacity for One
The voice in my head Often takes form as my closest companion
15
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
When we explore
The oil lamp flickered as Isabella moved down the steps. Behind her Christopher followed closely, his small frame bouncing excitedly. “Where are we going?” He asks for the hundredth time.
22
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
The observationist
There are no graves here, no bouquets of flowers to commemorate the fallen. This cemetery is astrew with ribbons and strings, overgrown brush and the foreboding feeling that you are not alone. The tr...
12
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
The Wall
An elderly couple stood in front of the wall, their eyes frantically scanning up and down as they searched for a face they recognized. In my hands I held seven more dolls and I wondered if one of thes...
13
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
Meet me in the forest
We sat together in the dirt. It had begun to rain a few minutes ago, the soft tapping dripping down to Earth and soaking the ground. He didn't seem to mind as his sweater dampened, so I didn't suggest...
0
0
emilys
emilys
Emily . 6 years ago
Touch
A soft hum muffled by sheets Crisp sheet edges meet disarray
1
0
0