Effective Date: May 20, 2017
- Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Service. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Service account and/or through the Service the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Service following such notice as your acceptance of the changes.
- Third Parties. The Service may contain, and we may send to registered users, offers from third parties or links to third-party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
- Collected Information.
Information You Submit. When you use the Service, we collect the information you provide in any applicable form. This information includes personally identifiable information such as (to the extent applicable) your e-mail address, name, address and telephone number. When we refer to “personally identifiable information” in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Service.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Service, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service and the content you submit and view. As described below, we collect this information through several means, including server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Service. But if we do so, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Analytics Services. We use certain third party services to assist us in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting regarding the Site. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. In particular, we may use Google Analytics (opt-out link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout), Mixpanel (opt-out link: https://mixpanel.com/optout/), HotJar (opt-out link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out), Amplitude and/or other similar services to help collect and analyze certain information for the purposes discussed in this Policy.
- Use of Information.
We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information, including, for example, to respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Service to you.
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Service.
- We may send you marketing and promotional emails with respect to our products and services (to the extent you do not opt out of such emails).
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Terms of Service or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Service.
- We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Service with other information that we collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via e-mail, phone or postal mail. We will handle such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
- Disclosure of Information.
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
- The Company uses contractors and third-party service providers to provide the Service to our users and to help us provide services in connection with the Service. Such third parties may receive information from us for use for such purposes.
- We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on this Service to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third-party sources in order to generate such reports.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
- Viewing, Amending and Deleting Information. To delete all data associated with your account, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please note that while changes to your profile information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information.
- Choices Regarding Third-Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third-party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. The Service may enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect your non-personally identifiable information for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Service to send online ads for Company services to you on non-Company websites. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of the Site to help target non-Company advertisements based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising or the Digital Advertising Alliance website at www.aboutads.info.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices. Like many websites, the Site does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers, but you can limit tracking through these third-party programs by taking the steps discussed above.
- Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
- Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. The Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
- Children Under 13. The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Service is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.
- California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personally identifiable information for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year, pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at: 1259 El Camino Real #158 Menlo Park, CA 94025. We are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.