Joseph

@ogbonna



35
posts
35
works
10
following
5
followers
640
words read
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
The Self-crowned emperor of the French
In seventeen sixty nine a child was born in Corsica, Genoa's former vassal state. Prior to his birth, his land had been war-torn, Paoli's resistance did his birth predate. At school, his geometrical ...
1
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Immortal Queen Elizabeth II
Your life's twilight on a September evening came. And ferried you were by crimson cherubs; conveyed in splendour on a celestial cruise, to gates pleasant for a permanent reign. Your reign on the thron...
8
0
1
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Even when in a famished state I hunt, In pastures green and lush with abundance, He renews my spry and exuberance. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want...
3
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Marie Rose de Beauharnais
To what shall I liken thee? An angel in realms above, a mermaid in Oceans beneath, a costly stone in the fiercest contention sought for, or even a costly diamond in the earth's elusive epicentre burie...
1
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Napoleon's Nascent Love For Josephine
Give me a smile, that I may build on your assurance, Kiss me, that I may have to thy kind heart entrance, Love me less, and see how tumultuous life could be, Give thy command, and see my loyalty to th...
1
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Africa The Beautiful Bride
The beautiful bride for the world prepared, by Europe's colonial powers divided. Her priceless worth was seen and hardly spared; hence the need to woo her was decided. Two great superpowers made their...
10
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022
Elizabeth; Of immensely esteemed birth. Highly respected in life, but more respected in death. Having a crown that ceased to decay for many decades long. A queen of kings, but still a wife, custodian ...
1
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Jesus My Lord
My Lord Jesus Christ is king, Of him only I will sing. He loves me dearly I know, And to him only I'll go. My Lord Jesus Christ is Lord, He nourishes me with his word, He saved my doomed soul from de...
11
0
1
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
The Birth Of Our Lord
Christ in a manger was laid, regally known but lowly. His royal identity was to three wise men revealed, but from his kinsmen concealed. Christ was in Bethlehem born; his royal ancestor's city. A kin...
2
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . a year ago
Napoleon's victories
At Austerlitz I two nations vanquished; making me historically distinguished. At Marengo I had Austria subdued; then I was to honour undoubtedly glued. At the Pyramids, Mamluks kissed the sands; then ...
1
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 2 years ago
A World Of Diversity
The world is a spicy pot of diverse races that exhibits colours pleasant on different faces. Each race revealing features distinct and unique of varying hair texture but uniform physique. Oh yes, you ...
3
1
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 2 years ago
Napoleon's Europe
Europe my realm and my prized possession, I instill in thee our novel ideals, for your feudal laws our conquest repeals. Our boisterous wind of emancipation liberates Spain from draconian inquisition....
2
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 2 years ago
Esther Ngozi Ogbonna
It was indeed an odyssey of excruciating pain, reluctantly embarked upon that led to an abrupt farewell that got you ferried in splendour by His majesty's service 'HMS Life Eternal' by your guardian ...
14
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 3 years ago
Christmas Fun
Eureka! it’s Christmas time again! A time to reminisce about seasons past of pizzas hot, cup cakes, icing coated snacks, home-made lemonade, champagne and Santa’s sacks of choicest toys, newly produce...
2
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 3 years ago
Nigeria My Motherland
Nigeria our great and beloved motherland, where multitudes of tribes unitedly stand. Our land of hope by two rivers divided, with lush vegetation by nature provided. Nigeria our home of people resili...
38
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 3 years ago
Beauty's Vanity and Worthlessness
Though I style my curly braids with ribbons bright, and colour my sweet moist lips with royal red to look as bright and fair as a newly wed. Though I stand on two towers to get a better height, with e...
1
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 3 years ago
A Love Dream at the Beach
On a summer day I saw a pretty dame bathing in the warm waves of the beach's tub. She tanned her skin to adorn her slim frame, massaging its softness with each gentle rub. From that distance, she exud...
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 3 years ago
Oh God
God almighty of generations all, who did witness great empires rise and fall. We gladly wait for thy eternal reign, when saints martyred will beam with smiles unfeigned. God immortal of centuries age...
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 3 years ago
Bonaparte
He that trod upon subservient Europe with the imperial guards' fighting prowess, did himself and his heartthrob the empress, entrench thrones jointly owned by their hookup. He that caused guns to rage...
3
0
0
ogbonna
ogbonna
Joseph . 3 years ago
Christ is born (The Paradoxical Christ)
Christ is born this day with Bethlehem's poor. So unassuming, he enters our world with shepherds lowly coming to adore this infant Lord who will freedom herald. Christ is born this day with Bethlehem...
0
0