Aric

@motomanthey



83
posts
80
works
20
following
16
followers
26.6k
words read
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
ACT TWO: RACE
June 18th My glimpse of paradise must be put on hold. This morning, I hopped a flight back to Osaka and prepped for what will be my final challenge to complete on this journey.
3
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Chapter 12: REUNION
June 17th Hours of tossing waves have churned more than just my stomach. In the distance, I can see other ships scurrying their way through the rough waters.
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 77
June 16th Mornings like this are never easy to embrace. Today was the start of a 20+ hour trek to Okinawa.
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 76
June 15th So, let me tell you about last night. Like I had referred to in yesterday's entry, I went to a dancing re-enactment of the Shinto stories.
1
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 75
June 14th You know, you guys are really spoiled with the hot springs here.
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 74
June 13th Nothing like smelling engine oil and hearing screeching tools to start your morning. Minutes after rising from my nest, I ran to the shop and made sure they had my new tire (and tube).
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 73
June 12th A day at the track always refuels my tank of adrenaline. Maybe it's the racer in me, but it's hard not to get jacked up for days after sending a bike through the course.
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 72
June 11th The milky morning fog lightly hangs above the water in Fukuoka. It's almost as if a crew of riders burned out their tires and let the residual smoke pile over the city.
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 71
June 10th The plan this week was to veer onto the island of Kyushu, to be one step closer to Okinawa. However, some of those plans will have to change.
3
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 70
June 9th This week is coming to a close with some unexpected news. As I alluded to the other day, I was playing phone tag with Jinshu.
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 69
June 8th While on my way to Dogo Onsen, I saw my phone persistently buzzing on the mount. I wasn't able to answer, at the time, but it turned out to be Jinshu.
3
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 2 years ago
Day 68
June 7th Several hours of deep slumber hasn't come at a better time than now. As I alluded to yesterday, I was starting to run on fumes. Miles on the road can be exciting, but tedious.
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 67
June 6th Every adventure has its ebbs and flows. Like a moving river downstream, the current of your trip could vary.
3
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 66
June 5th Takamatsu is a quaint port city. Nestled by the changing currents of the Inland Sea, this place has the charm of coastal views, but with a fraction of the obnoxious bustle.
1
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 65
June 4th The tides washing against the shores of Shikoku are far different from the rapids of Honshu.
1
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 64
June 3rd My final morning in Chugoku was solemn, with layers of fog tenting the landscape.
1
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 63
June 2nd My week in the Chugoku region is about to close, but there's still one chapter left to visit.
1
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 62
June 1st The dawn of my 3rd month crept up, like a stealth shinobi. It's hard to believe that I've been in Japan for nearly 9 weeks.
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 61
May 31st The Tottori Sand Dunes left a lasting impression (literally and figuratively). Whether I like it or not, I'll never be able to get the grains of sand out of my clothes.
2
0
0
motomanthey
motomanthey
Aric . 3 years ago
Day 60
May 30th The mounds of sand pile in the distance. Wheeling my way towards the dunes only heightens my adrenaline. Riding the dunes yesterday ( by way of motorcycle AND camel) was electrifying.
3
0
0