Beginning Story Writing Prompts: (Third-person, descriptive beginnings.)
PLEASE READ! THIS APPLIES TO ALL STORIES! Notes: ___ = an insert for your character(s) name. --- = an insert for character(s) pronouns.
1. The ocean was quiet as ___ drifted through the water, the sails of the boat unfurled like the wings of bird.
2. And then --- was falling, the waves crashing against ---'s body, as ___ desperately tried to reach the surface.
3. ___ walked slowly along the meandering path. A crashing sound echoed through the cave. Dust flew through the air, blinding ---, as they finally blinked to discover the cave had collapsed around them.
Dialogue Beginnings/Inspiration: (No Description, random dialogue for any scene you desire)
1. ___: "I told you, ___! I saw a ghost last night outside the tower ___ (character 2): "You're hallucinating, dear! Come here, and clean up."
2. ___: "You know, I've always thought roses were pretty little things. Now, I'm sure they'll look amazing when their stained in your blood!"
2. ___:"I love you, ___! I love you so much it hurts!" ___(character 2):"Stop! Stop saying that! I...I know it's not true. Please. Please stop saying that.."
Action Beginnings: (First-person, Descriptive.)
1. Fury. Pure, burning fury was seared into my mind. I gripped strung the arrow back and let it loose, staring idly at my victim.
2. My fiance laced --- fingers together with mine, leading me towards the altar. This could me the best decision of my life, or the worst.
Image inspirational beginnings: (Pictures to look at for inspiration.)