Lin

@lahill



38
posts
38
works
15
following
8
followers
13.8k
words read
lahill
lahill
Lin . 4 years ago
Bad Idea
I haven't been myself for a long time. I was numb for a while, but I've been reckless lately. I'm so desperate to feel anything that I'm almost willing to break my heart. I know he's bad for me and w...
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 4 years ago
The voice in my head
You and I have not been getting along lately. We grew apart with time and you have said some horrible things to me. "You're not pretty." "You're not smart." "Nobody will ever love you. " Whenever some...
1
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 5 years ago
What I Want
All I really want is to change somebody's life for the better. Maybe not in a "love of their life" kind of way. Maybe not in a romantic way at all. Maybe as a stranger offering a compliment in passing...
14
0
1
lahill
lahill
Lin . 5 years ago
Are you proud of me?
I've inherited the worst of you. Your short temper, your selfishness, the way you judge people before you get to know them.
2
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 5 years ago
Loud Anxiety
Anxiety isn't like in the movies. It isn't crying on the bathroom floor with your knees pressed to your chest until someone you love calms you just by saying they love you.
3
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 5 years ago
Bad Traits
I am the combination of my parents' worst traits. My mom's nervousness follows me around, whispering worst-case scenarios in my ear.
11
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 5 years ago
Inherited
I wonder if it makes you sad to look at me. If all you see in my eyes are his staring back at you.
2
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 5 years ago
Now
You had so much potential There was a time when you were all I could ever think about,
14
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Photograph
We pose to capture a single moment in time, pretending it was something more than it was. Voices could be shouting and tears can be coming, but we hide all that when the camera comes out.
2
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Anxious
It is such a crazy concept that not everybody struggles with anxiety. I can't imagine what it feels like to raise my hand in class without giving it a second thought. I want to go somewhere without pl...
4
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Anxiety
There's a wall in front of me that I'm struggling to break through. There's a cloud that hovers above me, waiting to rain down.
15
0
4
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
After the funeral
You can have her jewelry and her favorite perfume. I don't need any of those things. I have something you could never have. And I almost feel sorry for all you've missed out on, then I remember you ar...
2
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
High School Love
I miss you a lot sometimes. We never dated, and didn't even talk that often. But you were the best part of my high school experience. When you dropped out without telling me, I told myself I was over ...
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Thank You
You saw things in me that I didn't know were there. "I'm glad you broke up with him," you said. "You're too smart and you're too pretty. " I knew you meant it and weren't just saying those things to c...
13
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Broken Friendship
Your friendship meant a lot to me for a long time. And I don't know how it happened, but you destroyed it. You don't understand it any more than I do. I guess I just got tired of being talked down to ...
2
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Insult
You made me feel bad about myself. And I don't know why I let the body-shaming get to my head. You're a person that constantly gets rejected, because nobody wants you in their life. I can see why. And...
3
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Alone
Break-ups are not contests. I will not race to find another person who won't even attempt to understand me. And I won't give up what I want just to be able to say I have someone. You made me feel lone...
1
0
1
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Fear
You were both the strongest and neediest person I knew. You had endured so many unspeakable things - things that nobody deserves. And you never spoke of those things. You never expected special treatm...
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Young and Dumb
I was so young and so dumb And I'm still both of those things
0
0
lahill
lahill
Lin . 6 years ago
Dad
You did this to me. When you give in and decide to spend time with me, you do all the talking. I'll ask how your day was, hoping you'll do the same. But you don't, and you never will. I don't think yo...
4
0
3