A Beginning to Remember Copyright Ramon Galaxure All rights Reserved
There is this word that defines a person either friend or foe;
A word that can keep a promise or shatters it into pieces;
A single word that lets you decide to either live or die with it and
It has a vision making every journey last a lifetime.
“Where am I?”
When memories fade…
“Who… Who am I?”
As I stood in an enclosed four-cornered room. Above me was an eye symbol that comprised of bronze, looking closer at it, the floor engulfed by flames leaving tiles untouched.
The eye cast a shadow figure above me as I trembled in fear, all the walls fell flat into the ground exposing a large highway in front of me.
At a distance, hearing a sudden loud car crash somewhat impaired my sense of hearing. As the flames surrounded me, breathing was almost impossible.
My vision turned to a blur and my legs weakened. I didn’t even notice that the eye was melting and deforming its shape. Where its melted part fell into the left part of my face.
As it touched my skin, it burned, having felt the horrible throbbing pain my body left paralyzed as the fire engulfed me whole.
- Wake up realizing it was all a daydream as he stands near the white wooden door and grasping its knob. –
“These… These visions… Why does it keep… Keep getting into my head… When I touch something familiar… Ugh… My head… Why does it hurt?”
- He opens the door and with a little glance, he sees a well-lit room with walls painted in white with a bed,
a brown closet leading towards the wall and a roundtable besides the hanging red telephone near the window. –
“Supposed to be a familiar place…? Why am I here?”
- Since all the windows left opened, he entered the room and welcomed by a gentle wind touching his pale brown skin and it has been the sensation of a cool breeze across his face.
Towards one window, he sees a vast scenery of the ocean as the sunlight glitters along the waves. He feels the awe of the view… -
“But these feelings… What are these… It somehow is inside my subconscious and can’t seem to express them… It’s like my body can’t remember…”
- Couldn’t bear what he saw he slides back the window and sees his reflection. –
“Even my self can’t reminisce what it looks…”
- Moves his hand towards the burnt part of his face. –
“Is this… real?”
- As he touches the burnt area, he recalls the melted bronze eye and slams his right palm into the roundtable and sees a piece of paper resting on it. –
“Patient Name: Ace Galaxon”
“Diagnosed by Alexithymics Amnesia?”
“To whom it may concern,
The patient-led to an unusual case of Amnesia after months of recovering from a coma.
He cannot express any emotions, as stated in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan, due to the loss of his memories.
We suggest providing him things that can recollect his memories. We recommend checking his actions to prevent false flashbacks.”
- Without saying a word he runs towards the door all confuse leaving behind the paper. As he about to grab the knob, the door opens hitting him in the head leaving him unconscious on the ground.-
It was all pitch black as I regain my consciousness with a familiar voice echoes inside my mind…
“Our last hope…”
“Who… Who is this…?
“A vision towards unification.”
“Arthur… Do you remember…?”
“Do you trust your destiny…?”
“I… I don’t know…”
- Then a flash of bright light opens his eyes and didn’t expect what he saw. –
“Is… Is that me?!”
- He sees himself in the eyes of the person carrying him down the stairs from his apartment. He almost senses like that half of his soul got transferred to a different person.
As his vision becomes blurry due to exhaustion, he said. –
“I now know my destiny: To remember everything that was forgotten.”