V couldn’t believe his ears. He had slight suspicions before, but since neither MC, nor Jumin ever mentioned anything about it, he thought they were a fragment of his own imagination.
But the truth was looking him in the eyes…well, not exactly. MC’s gaze was currently everywhere else, besides on him. He could tell she was very embarrassed, and probably ashamed.
How could he possibly reply to something like this?
Now that he heard her confession, it all made sense: the tears he usually saw in her eyes, Jumin’s usual absence from the chatroom, MC’s constant disappearance whenever Jumin showed up,
Jumin’s multiple cat projects, which completely destroyed Jaehee’s sanity, not to mention MC’s expression whenever V mentioned Jumin’s name. He wondered if everyone else knew about it.
No, that’s not possible. If they did, it would show in their behavior and talks in the chatroom.
Heck, if Luciel knew, he would have already suggested marrying them, or something as silly as that.
But why weren’t they together? Maybe MC’s feelings are one-sided? Or maybe they were together, but something happened.
He wished he had been around RFA more, that way he might have been able to help in this case.
What about Jumin? How does he feel in the whole situation? If he shares her feelings, why didn’t he mention anything to V?
Sure, he has always been secretive and preferred to fight his own battles, but he had deep trust in his best friend. “That’s probably my fault; I haven’t been around him at all.
So much for being a good friend…”
V decided to fix his mistakes one by one, but right now he had a more urgent matter to take care of.
- MC…look at me – He spoke softly, but she refused to comply.
- There’s no need to be ashamed, you did the right thing. Now, please look at me. – He placed the palm of his hand on her cheek, and upon feeling his warmth, she finally turned her gaze to him.
- Much better. I apologize for what I did. I thought you felt the same way. If I knew beforehand about your feelings for Jumin, I would have never attempted to kiss you.
- No, V, it’s not your fault...I…am sorry I didn’t tell you. All this time I was trying to run away from my feelings, and even thought I was all better, but apparently I was wrong.
I’m sorry for hurting your feelings in the process...
MC bit her lip nervously, and looked down once more.
- I won’t lie, and tell you I’m not hurt.
But it’s not something you did on purpose, so you don’t need to apologize - V tried his best to keep a smile on his face - But there is one thing that I want to ask,
so can you please look at me again?
MC looked up at V once more.
- I feel like a little kid, which has been extremely naughty. – MC attempted a joke, and a small smile.
- Well, it’s not like I can completely disagree. – V teased her a bit. – About my question: What happened between you and Jumin? Did you have a big fight, or something?
- I wish it were that simple…
- Hey, it’s okay, you can tell me. – V quickly sensed the embarrassment rushing back to her. – Nothing has changed between us, we are still good friends.
I won’t deny my feelings, but right now what’s most important to me is why my good friends are suffering.
- V… Can I? – MC extended her arms in a silent plea.
- Of course, come here – V cradled her in a warm hug, and gently petted her hair.
After a bit MC freed herself from the hug, feeling relaxed and much calmer.
- Me and Jumin…we were seeing each other. It wasn’t for a very long time, but I felt a special connection between the two of us. Everything was going smoothly before… - MC grew silent once more.
V was patiently waiting for her to continue her story.
- You’ve probably heard of Sarah Choi, haven’t you?
- Hmm? – V pondered for a second – Oh, you mean Jumin’s “fiancé”. Yes, I heard about her. He sure has to deal with a lot of women, who try to get their hands on the Han name. What about her?
- I wish I could look at the situation as cheerfully as you.
- Why? What did she do? You don’t really believe Jumin has anything to do with her, right?
- I have proof, V.
- Proof? What do you mean?
- One night, a couple of days before the announcement on TV about their engagement, she sent me photos of her and Jumin together. They were…quite intimate.
V’s eyes widened, and he didn’t say anything for a while. His mind was trying to comprehend the unexpected information.
- She, of course warned me against seeing Jumin – MC continued – since he was, you know, an engaged man…
- I can’t believe Jumin would do something like that, especially while he was going out with you.
- I didn’t believe it either, but because of the announcement on TV, not to mention my talk with… - MC quickly covered her mouth.
- Your talk with whom, MC? – V looked at her suspiciously. – MC, tell me! We’ve come this far, no use hiding important information.
- Yes...you’re right…I’m sorry…When I went to see Jumin about the whole situation, I bumped into his father.
- Let me guess, he told you how you are not fit for his son, or you’re not good enough for the Han family name.
- How did you…
- Me and Jumin are childhood friends, remember? I know what his father is capable of. Besides, my father is very similar to him. He would probably use those same lines on many people
- I feel very stupid right now…
- It’s okay; I can imagine how hurt you were from the whole situation, so your reaction was only normal.
Tell you what, how about you run me through the whole situation chronologically? I want to know everything that happened, and all important details you can remember.