Barbara R

@bmaxwell64

Poet, writer, librarian, fmr. executive


Gifted Writer

1.1k
posts
1.1k
works
0
following
32
followers
47.0k
words read
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 2 years ago
Halloween Memories Dark nights Cool temperatures A spooky feeling At the end of the month A time for trick or treat Brightly lit pumpkins With carved faces Horror movies Costumes galore Fill the streets Children excited For the night Their nig...
3
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 2 years ago
If you see someone with a frown, smile Choose laughter over tears If you see someone that could use a dollar, give If someone needs help, reach out Offer kindness instead of harshness and cruelty Love instead of hate Don’t judge, accept Stay ...
1
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
A Little Bit of Heaven It was in the woods A small cabin Far from the bustle of the city Almost buried by trees In all shapes and sizes In the fall, it becomes an orchestra of colors Bright oranges, reds and yellows The cabin was made out of wood ...
1
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Out of the Shell The little bird pecks it’s way out It’s coming out of it’s protected shell It’s being born into the world Or a turtle poking its head out That’s how it feels after lockdown A stranger in a new land Setting ones feet on familiar gro...
2
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Farasha Girl When she walks there’s no noise She almost floats above the ground It’s as if she has wings Like a butterfly A farasha When she moves It’s with grace Her dresses move with her Ever so gently There’s something genteel about her Differ...
14
0
1
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Earth, Our Oasis Earth It’s a true miracle It stands out Like a precious gem Offering life To plants, animals and us It’s abundance is staggering The variety of plants and greens The richness and diversity of life Both human and not The beauty of...
3
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
The Long Journey It started last year Around winter or early spring Something unknown invaded our lives Everything changed All over the world Cities closed Hospitals filled People battled the unknown It was painful It was hell It hadn’t happe...
2
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Early Morning Rise The time before sunrise Early morning The air is fresh The world is sleeping It’s dark outside There’s a quiet across the city It’s still and peaceful Calm The noises of life have not started It’s a time to reflect On everyth...
2
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Simplicity Many talk about a simple life Especially now Minimalism is popular To do more with less Remove complications There is beauty in it Slowing down Breathing Uncluttering Noticing things Perhaps not really seen before Focusing on the impo...
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Morning Coffee It’s sacred Cherished Something we look forward to It helps start the day Either at home Or work Or for the lucky ones Sitting in a cafe The smell is heavenly Better than the taste Yet many crave it Many need it To start their da...
2
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Life Believe the rest of your life Will be the best of your life Every day is a fresh start We have opportunities to reinvent ourselves Wake up every day anew Looking for ways to savor life We have a chance to push the positive Negating the negativ...
13
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
The Dress She bought it Not long after arriving From one of the stores Something for summer It gets very hot Searing heat really It’s cotton A rose pink color With a design Cotton The skirt is flared It’s cool in the heat Comfortable against the sk...
3
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Pleasant words are like a honeycomb Sweet to the soul And healthy to the bones Their sweetness lifts us up Putting light into the world Like the sun that shines Light up the world With your special light Offering sweetness To brighten the darkness
1
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Burning Embers Burning embers sitting amongst the wood Black and orange From time to time a gold blue flame emerges The wood crackles against the heat As the fire burns The glow is calming to the spirit The smell like a natural perfume As the wood bu...
1
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
Coming Alive It’s been a long time Over 18 months Things have been closed Lockdowns coming and going People in their homes Afraid to leave Huge hardships For people and businesses So much suffering All over the world It’s been like a horror mov...
3
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
The Same It’s been well over a year Yet things are not the same They can’t really go back There will have to be a new normal Some day These are still dangerous times Never knowing what’s safe Lockdowns and masks Vaccine and social distancing Ye...
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
1
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
The Golden Thread They first met in high school After that they were inseparable As if there were a golden thread between them Sometimes they had the same thoughts They wanted to always be together Forever But life got in the way Through no f...
1
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
On Top of the City We’ve been hidden away On top of the city For more than a year The world has been in turmoil From many things It’s a dangerous time Yet we are safe Living above the city Watching the world below Come and go Leaving when necess...
0
0
bmaxwell64
bmaxwell64 Gifted Writer
Barbara R . 3 years ago
We Are All Magical We all can create magic We can do amazing things Impossible things We can bring wonder and amazement We have the power to change the world Into a wondrous place Where anything is possible For anyone, anywhere We can bring in...
2
0
0