Hello, how are you doing today? I suggest you read this from beggining to end.
If you're seeing this, it's because there's something important your kid has to tell you and showing you this is what they think will be the easiest way to do it.
Let's just get a couple of things out in the open before I tell what your kid is trying to.
1) There are multiple genders and sexual orientations
2) You can't chose which one to be, no one can. Don't beleive me? Fine, try liking the same sex as you. It's not working, right? Because you can't choose!
3) Your kid is awesome
4) You should love and support your kid no matter their sexuality/sexual orientation is.
5) They didn't choose to be lgbt+, and no it is not a phase. They've always been lgbt+ and they always will be, and there's nothing wrong with that.
6) Your kid is coming out to you by showing you this. It's your job as a parent to support them, and there's no reason you shouldn't be.
They're the exact same person as before now you know more about them. You can't change their sexual orinetation the same way you can't magicaly make them change their favourite colour.
And you're in the wrong if you make them lie about their favourite colour. No amount of praying can change that, and even the Pope Francis says it's okay to be lgbt+. Because it is.
What I'm trying to say here is, your kid is lgbt+. And you're important enough to them that they're telling you this through the written word.
So you being their parent needs to support them, because they're your kid and that's your job.
Ps: They're great. And so are you for supporting them.