Trump said that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and he wouldn't lose any supporters.
I actually agree with him (at least in terms of the people supporting him right now,
thus excluding the Conservatives that voted for him over Clinton for party loyalty/other reasons); I think his supporters would still support him if you assume 3 conditions:
* The person he shoots isn't a Trump supporter. If he kills one of his supporters, he will, by definition, have lost a supporter.
* There are no Trump supporters looking at the shot as he pulls the trigger. If they see him pull the trigger, they might believe he did it.
This is surely possible if he does it quickly given that New York mostly voted for Clinton and people are unlikely to stare at other people when in such a busy area.
* He denies it afterwards. If he confesses, then his voters would believe it.
As silly as it seems, I believe they would not change their minds to support him for the following reasons:
* I believe that any action against Trump by the police or FBI would be seen as a corrupt action by the 'institution'/'system' to stop him from being president or the result of some sort
of framing from Clinton, it would only fuel the outrage felt by his supporters.
* They will not have seen it live so the only source they have for Trump's shooting would be the media that they seem to ignore.
Any footage that CNN/MSNBC/etc shows will be disregarded as doctored.
* No one is perfect and there is probably something negative in the history of the person he would have shot. Trump supporters could blame it on the victim instead of on him.
* Some of his voters strongly believe in the use of guns and are more comfortable with it than most other people.
* New York is a diverse area so it is likely that Trump would have shot someone who wasn't white.
If so, his supporters would be much more comfortable with it (I'm not saying they want minorities to die,
just that they are much more comfortable with forgetting about their deaths (See: Stand Your Ground laws/the disdain for Black lives Matter)).
* Obama and Clinton have been politicians for some time and have made decisions that have resulted in deaths so they could argue that what Trump did in this scenario is the same thing.
* They could use it as an example of his 'killer instinct' and how he's 'different' from other politicians and use it as a positive.
I would honestly like to have my mind changed on this as it isn't comfortable believing that there are millions of fascists in America.
This does sound insane but I can't see any limit to the poor behaviour from him that his supporters are willing to accept.
All you have to do is convince me that there is some line that his supporters wouldn't accept him crossing.
EDIT: I didn't think this would get as many upvotes as it did and it was partly posted due to frustration so I want to clarify a few things:
**Firstly it was obviously wrong to say he wouldn't lose any voters. That was an extreme scenario.
** That said, I still think a majority of his current supporters would stick by him and it would not be the end of his political career unless he was actually imprisoned.
Secondly, I'm not saying Trump supporters are fine with murder, just that they would refuse to believe he actually did it.
Thirdly, I'm not saying Trump supporters are stupid, just that they have shown a willingness to ignore all the sources (e.g.
news media, government, law enforcement) that would tell them that Trump did something like this so they wouldn't believe it.
His supporters seem to either mostly ignore the news or rely on partisan sources like breitbart and Fox News.
> *This is a footnote from the CMV moderators. We'd like to remind you of a couple of things. Firstly, please* ***[read through our rules](http://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/wiki/rules)***.
*If you see a comment that has broken one, it is more effective to report it than downvote it. Speaking of which,* ***[downvotes don't change views](http://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/wiki/guidelines#wiki_upvoting.
2Fdownvoting)****! Any questions or concerns? Feel free to* ***[message us](http://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=/r/changemyview)***. *Happy CMVing!*