random stories and random poetry

@_randomstories

october 30 2019| random stories & poetry



37
posts
37
works
3
following
5
followers
29.3k
words read
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
Prom
It wasn't supposed to be like this. I was supposed to be at the prom. Instead, I lay motionless in a hospital bed. My mom and Doctor Jay gazed at me through the glass in confusion. A week earlier, I w...
13
0
1
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
black roses
Dear Diary, What did I ever do to deserve this life? It's not that anything tragic or devastating has ever happened to me. My life just seems so dull and pointless.
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
Dr. Pepper
He had learned that it was addicted to this carbonated drink. When we would go out to eat, the waiter always asked 'What can I get you to drink?' The brown haired boy across me would smile immediately...
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
roses
Roses. I can smell them. I don't see them though. There must be dozens of them. I don't know where I am but something else is clogging my nose. There's a rhythmic beeping in the distance but it all se...
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
halloween
It was a dark and stormy night. Me and my best friend Liz were just getting home from trick or treating. My parents were at a party, so we had the whole house to ourselves. Liz told me that we should ...
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
cigarette daydreams
I take a long drag of the cigarette, letting silence linger between us as we admire the vast darkness above our heads. The sun has retired for the day, in its place, were a million balls of gas that l...
4
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
maybe...
Do you ever feel tired? Tired of everything?
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
the german shepard
He's standing there with his eyes pointed right at me You can see all the muscles tense in his body
15
0
2
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
paintbrush 🖌
Every time I look at the dusking sky the shadowing blues
10
0
4
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
past the sneakers 👟 👟
He stares at the clock and the glowing numbers 3:19 look back at him. He's sprawled listlessly on his bed, his hair a mess. He hasn't moved for three hours, doing nothing but breathing and blinking as...
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
tissues
Call me sentimental, but I like happy endings. There are countless movies that, through their poignant or even tragic endings, reveal profound truths about life. These movies, experts tell us, are tr...
14
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
tears
The trees brush against the window, the wind creeping through a crack in my window. Rain beats against the glass, footsteps of nature. The thunder echoes outside, giant's footsteps. My hands blur on t...
1
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
shards
Stop. Let time be still, or at least slow. But do I want it to, as the glass shatters behind him and his eyes widen as he is thrown forward? Do I want this to stop?
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
red light
As she turned the corner, the light was already turning yellow. There was no way she was going to make it. She slowed down gradually. If she remembered anything her dad had told her about driving, it ...
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
stop.
Everyday I had a choice: to go to school or not. Most days I really want to just stay home but I can't. "John! Time for school. The bus will be here shortly." Mom yelled, waking me up.
2
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
nine one one
A shadow blocked the sunlight bleeding through the blinds. They flickered in her vision as she peered into the police station. The chief had dark circles under his eyes and stress lines on his forehea...
4
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
as the door slammed shut
She grabbed the covers and pulled the betraying green colored comforter up to her chin. It seemed like no matter how many blankets she put on her bed she was never warm. Its like something, a piece of...
1
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
the flicker of a candle
A man no younger than sixty sat with three children at his feet. His rocking chair creaked with every rock, and the laugh wrinkles on his face spoke of days past, when he could do more than sit tellin...
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
cupcakes
I glared sullenly out the window at the pouring rain, before turning back to the bowl in my hands. I mixed the cupcake batter. The cupcakes were for my fifteenth birthday tomorrow, but that wasn't any...
3
0
0
_randomstories
_randomstories
random stories and random... . 4 years ago
the white daisy
When I was five, the white daisies in my backyard were almost taller than me. I remembered kissing the daisies, pretending they were my ballroom dancing partners, like the ones I saw on TV. I had name...
1
0
2