A new Commaverse Drawing Contest is here! Create the Spookiest Commaful Character ever and tell us their story!
For this contest, you can choose to team up with a Commaful friend and split drawing and writing tasks or go solo! Bigger incentives await team winners because we want you to collaborate and meet new friends! And since this takes team effort, we're providing Gift Cards as prizes for the first place winners! Bigger prizes await those who collaborate. (Ha! That rhymed!)
Missing a team member?
Join the Commaful official Discord server here: https://discord.gg/RNvtxb... Find the #collaboration channel under Writer's Rooms and post there what you're looking for (storyteller, artist etc) and find someone to team up with!
Just like the last time, we're providing a blank comma canvas you can customize to your heart's content! The facial features and expressions, clothes, accessories, and more are totally up to you.
Unlike the last time where we asked for a brief description of your character, this time, there needs to be a great story about your Spooky character. It could be anywhere from an origin story, a day (or night) in their Spooktastic life, or even their victims. *gasp*
As always, the sky is the limit when it comes to creativity.
October 11th 2021, 7:00 pm ~ November 1st 2021, 6:59 am (your time zone)
The Commaverse Character Art:
1. For this contest, you can choose to team up with another person in the Commaverse and split the drawing and the story! One can be in charge of the drawing and one for the story. Or you can also choose to go solo! Please note that only teams of 2 members will be accepted and eligible for the prize.
2. Once you've found your teammate or if you're sure you're going solo, download the blank comma templates from https://imgur.com/a/rG1EO...
2. You can pick any comma color from the templates. You only need to use 1 for your character. 1 character drawing & short description = 1 entry. Maximum of 10 entries/10 stories!
3. Draw on your comma character template digitally! We've provided PNG files so you can draw their facial features, expressions, poses, and even include a nice background! You can also print the templates and draw on it using pencil, ink, watercolor, paint, etc!
4. The theme of this drawing contest for the new Commaverse character is Halloween! From zombies, ghouls, witches, pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns, vampires, werewolves, etc... all is welcome! The spookier, the better! Or maybe a mixture of spooky and cute? It's all up to you!
5. Use your new Comma character in a spooky Halloween short story (no less than 5 frames for the story) where they play the leading role.
How to Create Your Entry on Commaful: 1. Create a new story and use the hashtag #CommaverseHalloween2021
2. Title Page: Write the title of your story and then by and you and your partner's name. Example: Spooky Ghoul by @sydneyliu and @ryanchoi 3. Page 1: Create a new frame with your actual drawing entry from the templates provided. (The final drawing should be a comma character with background included). Make sure that this page is not the title frame and does not have any text over it so we can clearly see your beautiful character!
4. Page 2 onwards: The next frame after your character will be the start of your story. The story should not have less than 5 frames.
How Entries Will be Judged: 1. Commaverse Spooky Character = 10 points
2. Story for the Character = 10 points
3. Followed rules and theme = 5 points
Winner Gets: 1. Shoutout on the Commaful official account and Discord server.
2. Featured Creator on Commaful Social Media Accounts..
3. Story Feature on Commaful and Social Media Accounts.
4. Your character will join the roster of official
5. Team Winner: $75 Amazon Gift Card each team member (only up to 2 members). Solo winner: $50 Amazon Gift Card
Top 3 Stories / Honorable Mentions: 1. Featured Creator on Commaful Social Media Accounts
2. Story Feature on Commaful Social Media Accounts
If you tag an eligible story with#CommaverseHalloween2021, that story will automatically be entered. Using the below button to create will automatically enter your creation into the contest.