The coronavirus has hit everyone in one way or another. We are all facing unprecedented challenges. From students to writers to parents to teachers, everybody is dealing with their own unique challenges during this time of craziness.
Here at Commaful, we’ve seen firsthand that many students and writers are hungry to learn and improve during this time with creators taking online courses, practicing their writing skills on the site, and more.
We’ve seen the storytelling world really come together and step up to provide resources, tutorials, and more to those stuck at home in this uncertain times. To those looking for additional resources to improve at writing, storytelling, or simply to read a great book, we’ve compiled some of the most useful free tools and deals. Check them out!
Know of some relevant free tools that we are missing? Send them over to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Resources For storytellers And Readers
- Commaful’s Bite-Sized Storytelling Show: Bite-sized advice on short stories, poetry, writer’s block, and more. Each episode is less than 10 minutes long and designed to help you learn the art of storytelling!
- ClassCentral: Free classes from top universities around the world.
- Libby: Free digital books from your local library. Thousands of books and ebooks that you can access across all your devices, all for free!
- Imagineering In A Box: Learn the art of storytelling from the masters at Disney!
- Virtual Book Events: Take part in virtual book conferences for some real hands-on learning and inspiration
- OpenCulture: 800 free ebooks on a variety of topics, including many of the classics.
- Walt Whitman Archive: An archive of Whitman’s works. Great reads, bios, and more.
- Hello Sunshine Book Club: take part in a virtual book club led by Reese Witherspoon.
- LightSail: Free access to thousands of books on this literary platform for impacted teachers and parents
- StoryCorps: Daily stories that help uplift spirits
- Booklist: Booklist is free for now – use it to discover some great books!
Resources For Parents And Educators
- Literacy Network Guides For Reading: Reading guides for how parents can help their kids read more
- Literacy Central Teaching Resources: Online support materials for books kids and teens can read
- Scholastic Learn At Home: Daily learning projects with a lot of great learning resources
- UnboundEd: Resources and curriculums for teaching English
- CommonLit: a tool for students in grade 3-12 to improve their reading skills
- Dreamscape: free literacy game for grades 2-8
Join the Commaful Storytelling Community
Commaful takes everything you love about stories and makes it a bite-sized, on-the-go experience. Fanfiction? Poetry? Short stories? You’ll find it all!