1. People will think that you could read mind if you tell them you study psychology unless they are also a psychology student. You will always get the question “What do you think I am thinking?”
2. You learn a lot of theories and concepts that help organize your preconceived ideas.
3. You will be assigned a lot of readings.
4. You will learn about Sigmund Freud
5. You may end up self-diagnosing yourself especially when taking abnormal psychology class.
6. You will learn to question everything people say from a research standpoint. Is there evidence for that? What studies have proven this?
7. You may start to realize that learning psychology is not about learning to help people, but research