Yumé

@yumhenry

https://www.facebook.com/yume.henry.73



8
posts
8
works
52
following
28
followers
2.7k
words read
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
7 Mei helped her mother to prepare dinner and then her father came home. Everything in the house ran like clockwork. He returned at almost exactly the same time every weekday, and Mei’s mother seemed to be able to have dinner ready just as he steppe...
3
0
0
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
6 When Mei finally arrived home after her long walk she removed her shoes and placed them neatly in the genkan. Her mother was cooking the evening meal as usual and her father was still at work, and due to be home soon.
Genkan​: are traditional Japanese entryway areas for a house, apartment, or building—something of a combination of a porch and a doormat. The primary function of genkan is for the removal of shoes bef...
26
0
0
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
5 She decided to take the long way home so that she could enjoy the scenery and fresh air that she had missed out on over the last couple of months. It was as if she had been walking around with her eyes closed for such a long time and finally she was...
Refreshing 🤩
27
0
0
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
4 Mei was quite confident that she had done well, and she gleamed with happiness. She had a quick chat with the other students but left quickly as she knew they would discuss the exam and she just wanted to put it behind her.
22
0
0
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
3 Mei put these thoughts to the back of mind and began writing, working her way through her English exam. Time went so fast and before she knew it, the invigilator instructed everyone to put their pens down. Mei’s hand was aching because she had writ...
Exam finished!
25
0
0
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
2 She was trying her best to focus but kept getting distracted by thoughts of what she was going to do next; this had been playing on her mind for weeks. She didn't want the life that most Japanese women had; she wanted something different, something ...
What’s next for Mei?
22
0
2
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
1 It was Mei’s last exam. The pressure on her during the course of the last couple of months had been immense. Mei knew that she couldn’t relax yet, but at the same time she was aware the stress from studying would only be over in three hours.
27
0
0
yumhenry
yumhenry
Yumé . 4 years ago
⭐️⭐️⭐️ I finally wrote a manuscript that I would like to share ✍🏻 Would love to hear people’s thoughts and opinions 👂🏻 Thank you 🙂 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
A story of a young Japanese lady living in Saitama, Japan in the 1970s. Desperate to live her life but at the cost of almost losing it all.....
2
0
0