Dylan

@thatpoetdad



10
posts
10
works
0
following
2
followers
12.2k
words read
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
Whisk me away. Sitting on this couch I feel paralyzed. Staring into space as if I'm hypnotized. My music blares and encases my soul, I close my eyes and let my ears take control. Disappearing into a world far away, Anywhere other than where I'm now fo...
Whisk me away.
10
0
0
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
Screens Go now, March forth, do not be afraid. Take that step, there’s memories to be made. Stop hiding yourself and masking your truth, You don’t have time, it’s stealing your youth. You have to go and live, grasp your dreams, You waste your life beh...
Keep living your life behind those screens...
2
0
0
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
Little Eleanor As you walk this world with stumbled feet, I'll guide you forth with even beat. I'll hold your hand and grasp it true, Forever here dad is with you. I'll teach you words, colors, and shapes, I'll guide your path, no mistakes. I'll be ...
Little Eleanor,
0
0
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
Poems Thank you for these poems that churn in my head. These emotional thoughts before I turn in for bed. Its hard to transfer these thoughts onto paper. These emotions they move and form as they taper. A point they shall form and pierce right on...
All of the things that I would have done for you, Now I'm glad you're only someone I knew.
2
0
0
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
Why. Why? Why did it come to this? Is this what you wanted? Is this what it is? I gave you my trust, along with my woes. I threw in my heart, along with my soul. You gave me your hand, I gave you mine too. We wrote down our vows, then said that I do...
From pain comes beauty.
1
0
0
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
Routine Its time to wake up, its time we get started, With each coming day, the night has parted. Brush your teeth and comb your hair, watch yourself with reflective stare. Ponder your thoughts and things to do, Each new day brings things for you.
Routine
12
0
1
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
The Ride The sun is shining and the birds are out, The time is now, lets make our route. We'll ride away our stress and woes, Let out your pain and let it flow. I'll nail the throttle, and grab the clutch, I'll shift my gear with riders touch. I'll hug...
Life is a neverending ride.
1
0
0
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
Music When you sit and ponder with nothing to do, Turn on your music and start up your queue. Lyrics they turn and spin in your head, The bass kicks in with the music you spread.
What rhythm helps you flow?
2
0
0
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
I need something new, I need a change, A new place for my thoughts to rearrange. Im spinning in place with no end in sight, I need to break these chains to free my blight. Day after day I sit and I spin, Pushing and crashing this battle within.
How do you fight the darkness?
12
0
2
thatpoetdad
thatpoetdad
Dylan . 4 years ago
I'm sick of laying here and feeling this shame, I'msick of eating myself up devoured by blame. I'm sick of lying and untold truths, I'm sick of mistakes affecting my youth. I'm sick of taking on more than I can handle, I'm sick of someone blowing out ...
Feeling sick.
3
0
0