33 likes

Autoplay OFF  •  5 months ago
A story to any readers.

by tdog16

Dear silent readers,

What am I doing wrong?

Dear writers,

How do you do it? How do you get people to enjoy your stories? How do you write so beautifully?

Dear active readers,

Why do you like my stories?

Dear everyone,

I am stuck. I need your help. I can only advance in my writing if you tell me what is good and what is bad. I can only give you a story you want if you tell me what you want, and like.

Dear busy people,

I understand if you are only viewing a 5 page story just because you have limited time. I know about busy and I know that commenting takes up a lot of time.

So please readers who are not busy change my stats.

I don't want to see 178 views and only 2 comments, I want to see at least 20 comments so both you and I can benefit. I don't care as much about the likes as I do the comments, so please...

Comment.

Stories We Think You'll Love
tdog16Gifted Writer14 and excited!
7 months ago
Janitors Closet
"He..lp m...e" a shaky voice whispers again..... W...

tdog16Gifted Writer14 and excited!
17 days ago
Ascetic- Part two
Bright colourful blobs dashing around, too busy to...

tdog16Gifted Writer14 and excited!
5 months ago
I Waited(I Don't Know)
It's hard to know about the other side of a distan...

navynohwal30Gifted Writer♏️ & Rêver
4 months agoReply
true. i feel the same way. the stats are not impo the reaction is. 🤕🤕🤕🤕when people view your story and not respond. i feel like i m doing wrong. i feel like not writing anymore. an appreciative comment lights up my day. this is so genuine.🙇 please respond. people please do. 🤧🤧🤧

tdog16Gifted Writer14 and excited!
5 months agoReply
@ryleecat thanks for the advice;)

ryleecatLove to write, poetry is my fav. ; )
5 months agoReply
I really like your writing! Though I am new to commaful, I love to write and do have experience with it. One thing that may help is writing more like the thing you're writing about. That probably doesn't make any sense. For example, if you're writing about a drunk or alcohol, try to add in words or phrases you think a drunk may say. If you're writing about flowers, add a piece about how the sun helps the young flower flourish. Anyway, that's all i've got! Keep writing, I'd love to read some more of your short poems/stories. ; )

sydneyVerifiedco-creator of Commaful
5 months agoReply
@tdog16 i actually recently made a story about commenting as well. it's something we want to work on improving. just as a note, don't think of likes and comments as judgement of how good your writing is. @damn hit the nail on the head. Most of Commaful's traffic come from users who are not logged in. And of the ones logged in, about most do not comment. Liking is a small fraction as well. Just as you won't like or comment on most YouTube videos you watch or most things you see on Instagram, most people here are just passively reading from story to story. I really hope that more people will comment or that we can find a better way to encourage this. Because it truly is what makes the community feeling and makes authors happy.

tdog16Gifted Writer14 and excited!
5 months agoReply
@hobardalisha welcome to commaful!!!! I'm glad that you enjoy my writing!

5 months agoReply
im still relatively new to commaful, but have to say i've really enjoyed your writing!

basharasweetBronze CommaWriter hopefully...
5 months agoReply
Your writing is great! so keep doing what you are doing. Write what you want to write. We can't always please everyone. But don't worry, the right crowd is out there for you!

tdog16Gifted Writer14 and excited!
5 months agoReply
@chissjacks @george @bernardtwindwil thank you, your comments are taken note of;)

5 months agoReply
i love the perspective you bring to the table. it's always really inspiring. keep on writing! i also don't comment on every story i see, but i love to read

chissjacksBronze CommaA writer with a big heart.
5 months agoReply
I'm reading your stories because of the fresh take on life they give me. You're clearly writing from your heart, and that's what makes your stories shine. Please don't stop writing, your stories are awesome!