1. The cloak made of black wool. 2. Dust nights. 3. Cats and cracks in the paving-stones. 4. Nights like honey. 5. Night Chorus.
1. Shrug your inky cloak, About the failing shoulders, Of the red-dyed day.
2. Let midnight settle, And dust the earth with shadows - Darkness undisturbed.
3. Only sure-foot blind, Do not dart from street-lamp pools, Well - the blind, and cats.
4. There are years 'til dawn, A century 'til sunrise, Still, the night is gone.
5. The crow sings each song, Not quite wren's soprano, But the night chorus.