I've always said no to drugs but my friend didn't do the same.
When a person dies of an overdose, it's always a damn shame.
John learned the hard way that a man reaps what he sews.
Every time drugs were offered to him, I wish he had said no.
I'm not certain what he overdosed on, it may have been Meth.
When my friend of forty years overdosed, he drew his last breath.
I recently read that Meth damages the lungs, kidneys, liver, heart and brain.
John might have rejected Meth if that was something he could've ascertained.
Years ago, I tried to convince him to get some help but my words always fell on deaf ears.
He was forty eight but if he had said no to drugs, he could've lived for many more years.
[Dedicated to John W. Brown (1970-2019) who died on June 3, 2019.]