1. Find friends who support you
The true ones will stick with you even when it seems everyone else is ridiculing you.
2. Listen to your teachers, but don't be afraid to disagree
They're a source of wisdom, but even they make mistakes sometimes!
3. Go into everything with an open mind
Friendships, class selection, career exploration, college selection, etc.
4. Only take APs in classes you enjoy
Time is of the essence - don't stretch yourself too thin.
5. Don't be afraid to ask for help
Ask teachers questions after class, ask a friend to help you out, go to school-sponsored tutoring sessions - whatever you need to succeed.