John

@johnkcurious

Weekly Posts! AMBERSHANE ROMANCE



10
posts
10
works
4
following
3
followers
17.9k
words read
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 3 years ago
I sat at the table digesting my coffee and thinking. The bright blue of the bay was stained by the tangerine of the falling sun. My chance of escaping the city quietly, another unnoticed tourist, was likewise sinking down into the realm of negative num...
Gone and Forgotten
10
0
0
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
Activated
When he saw her car crunching up the gravel drive, David wondered if he was insane. Perhaps his deterioration wasn't a calculated effect, but a natural and silent assassin, one that had always been lu...
14
0
0
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
The Ambershane Romance (Part 5)
The blue glow of the crystal sword was dampened by Lydia's blood. It cast a dawn pinkness onto her narrow and dirty face as she tied the leather straps -which had crudely bound her hands a moment ago-...
1
0
0
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
The Ambershane Romance (Part 4)
Lydia watched the man hanging below her cell as he moved up toward her. He didn't bother to regard the vast fall below him, hundreds of feet of empty air that ended in the distant shapes of the shadow...
3
0
0
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
The Ambershane Romance (Part 3)
She wasn't out for long before the jerking motions of her captors brought her back to consciousness. They'd bound her wrists in leather strips, and two guards held onto her. Their grips loosened as sh...
14
0
0
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
The Ambershane Romance (Part 2)
Lydia cried out as she struck the ground. She should have fallen five stories, but she and the police officer had only been tumbling for a second before she found herself smacking into stone. And it w...
1
0
0
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
Frederico Ponders
Frederico was sent from his home in a time gone and forgotten. The ancient place of his people lies under the hills, to the east, where his great bellied mother yet rules. She orders about the metal f...
0
0
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
Two Seasons
A fall poem.
3
0
2
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
The Ambershane Romance (Part 1)
Lydia peered out the narrow window of her micro studio apartment. Her narrow angular face was lit from below by flashes of red and blue. A tear ran down her cheek matching the raindrops running down t...
1
0
1
johnkcurious
johnkcurious
John . 4 years ago
The Store
Even before he entered the store Stan was upset. The automatic doors that fronted the shopping center opened as soon as he got out of his car. It took him a full minute to get across the parking lot a...
0
0