- MC… - Jumin was staring at the new phone in his hand.
MC hasn’t been answering any of his calls and messages. He checked in with Seven, and he assured him she’s more than fine, and not in any danger.
“Then why…?” It’s not like his number was unknown to her. He made sure to keep the same number, even after he bought a new phone.
He dialed her number yet again and waited, his patience barely present. No answer…
- Why, MC, why? – Jumin was walking around his living room nervously.
He took care of the Sarah Choi issue as fast as he could. The reporters gave up on the whole engagement subject.
Not like they had much of a choice, after Jumin announced that he will sue anyone who keeps spreading false rumors about his personal life.
Sarah Choi had disappeared somewhere after the whole airport incident. Who knows what kind of mischief she was planning next. Whatever it was, Jumin couldn’t bring himself to care.
She was just a temporary annoyance anyway. But, even if the whole engagement thing had made MC upset, she isn’t the type who would avoid Jumin.
She would at least come to him for explanation, right?
When he arrived at his office the next morning, he immediately went to Jaehee.
- Assistant Kang, please get me some coffee; I haven’t slept a minute last night.
- Certainly, Sir.
- Oh, and can I please use your phone again?
- But, I thought your new phone was working properly, Mr. Han.
- Oh, yes, it is, but I need to confirm something.
- I understand. Here you go. – She handed him her phone.
- Thank you, Assistant Kang.
Jumin went into his office, and scrolled through Jaehee’s contact list.
- There she is. – He found MC’s number and dialed it immediately, his heart beating nervously.
- Jumin must be calling me again...
MC grabbed her phone to check, and that’s when she noticed Jaehee’s name.
- Oh…Hmm, it won’t hurt to talk to Jaehee, I guess. – She picked up, and greeted “Jaehee”.
Jumin’s heart was about to explode. He could finally hear MC’s voice. He had missed it so much.
- MC…It’s me, Jumin…I wanted to talk to you…I…
That’s when MC hung up, and Jumin’s heart clenched in pain.
- I’m so sorry, Jumin… - MC sobbed quietly.
Jumin had to sit down, because his legs refused to work. He put the phone on his desk. He wasn't even aware that a couple of tears had rolled down his cheeks.
It was when he saw them drop on the flat surface, that he realized his body was shaking. He bit his bottom lip angrily, both at himself and the whole situation.
At least now he was more than certain that MC was in fact avoiding him, and probably didn’t want to have anything more to do with him. But, why? What exactly did he do? He had no idea…
- But, Seeeeeeeveeen. – Yoosung protested for the 20th time.
- Sigh… - Seven took a deep breath - I said no, Yoosung. If you keep this up, I won’t be able to concentrate on work.
- If you want me to shut up, then give me the apartment’s address!
- Yoosung, for the last time, It’s not like I don’t want to, but I can’t. – Seven was getting irritated.
- You only listen to V’s orders!
- Yes, that’s right; V is the one who decides everything in the RFA. You know that already, so I beg you, let the subject go.
- But I’m worried about her… - Yoosung was playing with the hem of his shirt – You said she is taking good care of the guests for the party, but she hasn’t been to the chatroom in forever.
Not to mention the absence of Jumin and Jaehee. At least Jaehee drops by from time to time, but somehow it feels like the RFA is falling apart once more, and I can’t let that happen!
- Oh, I know! If I can’t see her at the apartment, I will just meet with her somewhere else! – Yoosung’s eyes were sparkling, and he looked extremely proud of himself.
- Hmm, are you sure that’s a good idea? I mean, you two have never met each other before. Besides, If she is not coming to the chatroom, maybe she just wants to be alone.
- What if something happened and she doesn’t know how to ask for help, even if she needs it? I thought about it a lot.
When I was depressed, I didn’t want to talk to or meet anyone, but that made me feel even lonelier. I don’t want the same to happen to MC.
She’s a good person, and if there is something I can do to help her, I want to do it!
- Yoosung… - Seven sighed, and examined Yoosung’s determined and yet warm expression.
- Fine…You can go meet her. It’s not like I can decline when you ask me in such a way.
- Thank you, Seven!
Yoosung jumped up from his spot, and gave his best friend a tight hug.
- I will call her right now! – Yoosung reached for his phone, but Seven stopped him.
- Wait! How about we surprise her?
- Hmm? – Yoosung raised an eyebrow – What do you have in mind?
- Let me call her, and you will see.
Yoosung could almost imagine the wheels turning in Seven’s brain.
- A package? For me? – MC was beyond confused.
Seven had just called to inform her there’s a package for her, but it was delivered to the wrong address, so she had to go and get it herself.
- Sooo, why can’t the delivery people fix their mistake, and take it to the right place? And how do you even know about that package, Seven?
- I’m a hacker, remember? I know everything!
- I already spoke with them, and they told me they’re packed with work, but apologize for the mistake, and will make up for it during future deliveries.
- I see…I have free time anyway, so I guess a little walk won’t hurt.
- Make sure to call me when you get it!
Seven was his usual cheerful self, so MC couldn’t help but smile.
MC went to the address Seven had given her. When she reached the place, she saw a small café.
- Huh? Why would...Well, if Seven says so, I guess this is the place.
She went in, and made her way to the counter.
- Hello. I was told there is a package for me, which was delivered here by mistake.
- I apologize, but I have no idea what you’re talking about. We haven’t received any packages.
A cheerful male voice called out to her from behind her back. MC quickly turned around, and was met with blonde hair and a pair of beautiful soft purple eyes. She gasped.
- Yoosung! It’s you, isn’t it?
- Hehe, yes! You recognized me! - He was beaming with excitement.
- Of course I would recognize you! But, what are you doing here?
- Ah, I came here to get you.
- Get me? But I’m here because Seven called, and told me…Wait a minute…He tricked me, didn’t he?
- Hehehe, yes. I’m sorry about that. I wanted to see how you were doing, and he suggested a surprise - Yoosung was looking down, and blushing slightly.
- Oh, okay. But, how did you know it was me?
- Well, I asked Seven to show me a photo of you while I was still in his house.
- I see.
MC apologized to the woman she was talking to earlier, and both her and Yoosung went outside for a bit. She then dialed Seven’s number on her phone. He picked up almost immediately.
- Hey there, Seven. I just received my “package”. I was quite surprised. This is the first time I receive a cute violet eyed boy.
– Yoosung’s blush grew to a deep red – Thank you, I plan to keep him for the day.
That’s when MC hung up, without even waiting for Seven to reply, and turned her attention back to Yoosung. He was trying to hide his blushing face.
- No need to be shy, Yoosung. I was completely honest about the cute part.
- MC! Don’t tease me, please!
Yoosung pouted, which only made him look cuter, and MC chuckled lightly.
- But, why did you want to see me?
- Ah, yes – Yoosung finally regained the ability to speak properly – I was quite worried about you, since you haven’t been around in the chatroom, so I wanted to check up on you.
I hope that’s okay…
- Awww, that is so sweet of you – MC’s eyes filled with happy tears – I…well…I’ve just been through some unpleasant things…But I assure you I will be fine soon.
I just need a little bit more time, that’s all.
- Time, huh? – Yoosung moved closer to her, his expression a bit more serious than usual – MC, I am aware we haven’t known each other for long, but I am your friend.
I hope you know that, because I am here for you whenever you need me. So, whatever you are going through, if I can help, please allow me to do so. Even if it’s just to be around you.
If that helps, I will definitely do it. I want you to know you’re not alone. You have me and the rest of the RFA, and we are on your side.
- Yoosung – MC couldn’t hold back her tears – Thank you…Thank you so much…You are a wonderful friend.
She wrapped her arms around him, and held on tight. He almost jumped in surprise, but then he heard her sobbing, and snuggled her in his arms.
- I’m sorry…Please, just let me stay like this for a bit… - MC said in between sobs.
- Don’t worry; I am here for as long as you need me.