Beth

@bethbarlow



9
posts
9
works
3
following
2
followers
2.0k
words read
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
Materials Of Life
The things which happen to us, being trapped in a cave, a loved one passing away, escaping from a war zone, leaving ones home etc could be said to be the material of our life. What is material? It is ...
0
0
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
One Nation
There was a land. In this land there was a one nation divided into five. There were those who had security and feared losing it. There were those who had security and it made them secure. There were t...
2
0
0
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
Oranges Are Sometimes The Only Fruit
In the ward where everything object was a slight variations on beige. The food, the curtains, the floor the machines all off beige. The patients complexions had been turned sallow by illness and expo...
0
0
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
Insight
Dolmas with veg box cabbage leaves. A veg box is delivered to the door each week. Mayonnaise with eggs. A new gagging allergy stops me eating them whole and so they build up in the cupboard.
2
0
0
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
Air B And B
A knock on the door. A thing so common in a place where they knew people. In their English home it could be a friend knocking on, a neighbour or perhaps a relative passing through the area. It could...
3
0
0
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
Comings And Goings
Nobody really told me that at a certain point in life all the comings would be replaced by goings. At the age of four there was the coming of a baby sister, then the coming of school teachers, some n...
2
0
1
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
Happier Up There
"Why does she live in the attic?" Elizabeth had a habit of asking awkward questions. "She's happiest there." replied her mother as she scraped the floury dough from her hands.
0
0
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
It Is There
If only they could see it, of course they cannot. It's far too clever, too cunning, too devious for that. No, it resides in the shadows and stalks it's quarry as if it were one. There! Don't you see...
0
0
bethbarlow
bethbarlow
Beth . 4 years ago
Ice Creams
Molly was just tall enough to reach over the counter and give the towering man her 50 pence piece. In return he gave her the papery cone with white fluffy top all crowned with vivid red sauce. Once sh...
3
0
0