Like many theatres, ours has a "no outside food or drink" policy.
We don't search women's purses, but we will take any obvious food/drink containers, and we hold onto backpacks and large tote bags at the box office.
Sometimes though, things still get past us. I'm sure most of you have dealt with this, too, because most of these things usually end up on the floor at the end of a show.
Here are some things my coworkers and I have found in the past:
* Various alcohol containers (single-serving shots of liquor, beer cans, etc)
* An empty Burger King bag (including raw tomatoes on the floor)
* A pizza box (how did they sneak this in????)
* An empty, full-size package of Oreo cookies
* An empty liter-size milk carton
* A single, straight razor blade
* An asthma inhaler refill
* A battery
I'm sure there are plenty more, but that's all I've got off the top of my head right now.
What about you guys? Anything more interesting than the occasional water bottle or "we definitely don't sell that" candy?
**Bonus round:** The most money I've ever found after a show was $280 cash. I held onto it, knowing the poor person who dropped it would be back.
(I would cry if I lost that much money; but I also wouldn't be carrying it around, at least not loose in my pocket!
) When the guy came back and proved he was the owner of it, I handed it to him and in return he gave me $20 for my honesty. :)