Things I have learnt am learning about friendships / relationships
1. Just because you were friends with someone who abused you at one point doesn’t mean you need to try to be friends again after they’ve apologised.
you don’t have to forgive them for treating you like shit. Even when they’ve sought out help for their own problems. Good for fucking them, that’s great.
You don’t owe them forgiveness or an olive branch.
2. Just because someone isn’t a bad person doesn’t mean they aren’t bad for you. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ISN’T A BAD PERSON DOESN’T MEAN THEY AREN’T BAD FOR YOU
3. People change, you will change, they will change. People that treat you negetively because of who you were five/ten years ago aren’t worth the effort.
People who embellish your past for their own gain are not worth your effort.
4. You shouldn’t have to feel like you are under duress talking to someone. You shouldn’t feel forced to tell anyone anything you are uncomfortable with.
They are not allowed to tell you you’ve over reacted when they then use information you didn’t want to share with them
6. Yeah it’s good to understand someone else’s side of the story, it’s good to be considerate and caring and kind. Sympathy and empathy necessarily bad traits. But putting yourself first.
Communicating and understanding your needs is so important.