After buying a new brand of toothpaste (Crest) because it was on sale instead of my usual brand (Colgate), I was horrified to find that it came with a screwtop cap.
After using it for a week, it's obvious that fliptop caps are universally better than screwtop caps and there should be no reason for screwtop capped toothpaste to remain on the market.
Benefits of fliptop:
* It's faster to open.
* It can be opened one handed, leaving the other hand to hold the toothbrush.
* You don't have to find a place to put the screwtop while brushing your teeth.
* You don't risk the top falling down the drain and being lost forever.
* For households with young children, the screwtop is a potential choking hazard.
* Screwtops require much better hand-eye co-ordination to close which can be challenging first thing in the morning.
In short, screwtops are worse in every single way than fliptops and deserve to die a fiery death.
> *This is a footnote from the CMV moderators. We'd like to remind you of a couple of things. Firstly, please* ***[read through our rules](http://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/wiki/rules)***.
*If you see a comment that has broken one, it is more effective to report it than downvote it. Speaking of which,* ***[downvotes don't change views](http://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/wiki/guidelines#wiki_upvoting.
2Fdownvoting)****! Any questions or concerns? Feel free to* ***[message us](http://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=/r/changemyview)***. *Happy CMVing!*