Thanks, @skittlesboyo for the 3rd POV suggestion! Also remember that in all my X Readers your last name is Himino! EnJoY! MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DESCRIPTION! DO IT NOW OR IT WON'T MAKE SENSE!
Semi is a guy who wears shoes. He wears a different pair every day, because he has so many. Every single pair of his shoes, except for his favorite pair, were hand-me-downs from his brother and father. When he woke up, he was facing the calendar on his wall. 𝘔𝘮. 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺, he thought drowsily. He decided to wear his favorite pair today - the pair of shoes he got to pick out for himself.
He tied them before he left - he usually forgets to, but these shoes are 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺. 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘬 made him remember to tie them. As Semi was walking, it occurred to him that it was Monday. It didn’t actually register when he looked at his calendar. 𝘐’𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, he thought bitterly, trying to ignore the pang of hope that struck him. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭.
But he couldn’t shake that feeling of hope that had firmly planted itself in the back of his mind. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸. Morning practice was normal; Ushijima didn’t have much to improve on, Goshiki was… Goshiki, and Tendou was no different than usual. “Semi-Semi,” he sang cheerfully, approaching. “I think you need to practice your receives.”
Semi nodded, forcing himself not to tell Tendou to stop calling him ‘Semi-Semi.’ He waited until Tendou walked away before looking down at his feet. (Wait, are setters even allowed to receive?) When Semi had changed, he didn’t change his shoes. These were his good-luck shoes. Nobody noticed though - not even Tendou, who notices everything. You could say it was luck.
You could say it’s a coincidence. You could simply say that Tendou didn’t care. But Semi wanted to believe it was luck. So Semi practiced receiving, and he tried out some new stuff, normal morning practice things. As it ended, Semi waved good-bye to everyone so he would have a head-start on his way to his first classes. He sat at the desk he sat at every day when it wasn’t already taken;
in his first period, everyone is supposed to sit at a different seat every day. But since according to his classmates he was irrelevant, it didn’t really matter. There was one kid who paid any attention to him - Himino Y/N (Help I'm writing this in class and Im laughing so hard) “Hey, Semi-Kun,” they said as they sat beside him. Every day Semi did have to sit at a different desk, Himino -
- would sit beside him. “How was practice?” “Oh, hey, Himino-San. Morning practice was normal, but with Goshiki-Kun and Ushijima-San and Tendou-Kun practicing as hard as they do, it’s a struggle to keep up. And Shirabu-Kun (coconut head) isn’t slacking off, either,” Semi added with a soft chuckle. Himino laughed too. “I bet. But I know how hard you practice, -"
- so I know you’re not letting anyone down.” “Hee hee.” (Pls I cant breathe) “Thanks, Himino-San.” Himino turned away so Semi wouldn’t see their face change, but they were too slow. He saw the look on their face that, 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 said, 𝘺𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯. Semi turned away and blushed. He lifted his hand to the back of his neck to scratch it, -
- but his floppy noodle arm flopped to the side and threw his entire pencil off the desk. 𝘈𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, he thought. 𝘐’𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 that 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘏𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘰 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯. He leaned over to pick up his pencil without seeing Himino do the same, and their hands touched. Semi was about to jerk up and violently apologize for his carelessness when he caught a glimpse of Himino’s black and (F/C ig) shoes.
He looked at his own, just to be sure, and he didn’t bother with his pencil at all. He looked up at Himino, close to tears, as they handed Semi his pencil. “H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-Himino-S-S-S-San,” he stammered. “Oh my god, Semi, are you okay?” Himino looked mildly offended by Semi’s mistreatment of their name. “What’s wrong??”
Semi, unable to speak, lifted a shaky finger and pointed straight down. Himino looked down, and blinked. “Oh, cool! We’re wearing the same shoes! Same color, too.” Confusion soon took over their face. “W…what about it?” Semi took a deep, shuddering breath before he collapsed into tears. 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘳. 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺.
𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵… 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘏𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘰-𝘚𝘢𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵! 𝘋𝘰 𝘐? 𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘵’𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘴…? “U-um, so, like, there’s this, uh, thing, where you and your, uhm, s-soulmate wear the, uh, same pair of shoes on a random monday in one of your high-school years,” Semi choked out. “A-and we’re… uhh… we’re…”
“...wearing the same shoes,” Himino finished, looking up hopefully. Blushing, Himino continued. “I did mean to-” “A H E M.” The teacher, Ori-Sensei, loudly cleared her throat. “If you two are 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 with your little chat, Semi and Y/N, I would 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 to begin 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴." “Sorry,” they both mumbled, putting their heads down.
Semi wiped his wet face clean of his salty eye juice and tried to focus on the paperwork assigned to him by his teacher. His head was spinning too fast to focus on anything. Unable to think any coherent thoughts, he clutched his head and almost began crying again. His hand shot up and he was dismissed to the bathroom. Semi went to that abandoned one and sat in the second stall, -
- surrounded by only the smooth, black walls of the bathroom stalls. He was sitting in the dark bathroom by himself, crying from all the stress, until he heard the door open. Whoever it was was muttering with every emotion at once. Semi could only make out a few things: “I don’t know if… the same, probably not. Why would… maybe he… Well, this is Semi I’m talking about. -
- If… then that’s fine. But I really…” It was Himino. He didn’t hear any more when the stall to his left opened and swung shut loudly, and the door was locked. 𝘞𝘢𝘪𝘵. 𝘋𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳-𝘯𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘴? Semi asked himself. 𝘖𝘳, 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘪𝘴𝘯’𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭-
“Semi-Kun?” whispered Himino from the other stall. “I figured you would be in here. Are you?”
I dunno how long that was so sorry if it was short. Thank you so very much for your patience as I struggled to publish this, and part two WILL BE OUT in less than two weeks. Thanks for reading!
Anyways, that's all for now, my Bendy Straws. Have a nice day!!!!