Our biggest short story contest yet, this time with cash prizes and more exposure! In additional to overall winners, we will also celebrate the top thrillers and romance stories since those are the most popular categories on Commaful right now. All stories will be made in the Commaful format, which looks a bit like a picture book and is told by tapping through pages. Entry is free! Remember, this is a fun contest so have fun!
April 8th 2017, 6:04 pm ~ May 8th 2017, 11:59 pm (your time zone)
Submit as many stories as you want! Maximum word count:1500 words. There is no minimum! You can write anything you want! Here are some helpful tips for first time creators to crafting amazing Commaful stories. Commaful is still a new site, so take these as ideas, not as fixed rules!
- Avoid cliches and avoid being too predictable!
- For thrillers, ordinary scenarios -> suspenseful, scary build up -> really surprising plot twists tend to do the best
- For romance, teen fiction where romance is included tend to do the best.
- Keep the backgrounds simple, don't use GIFs that move a lot.
- Keep the backgrounds in a similar tone. If it's a thriller, choose dark backgrounds. If romance, lighter tone.
Example of a successful thriller story: Click here
Example of a successful romance story: Click here
Winners will be determined by a combination of upvotes and judging. Every story will have at least one judge read as well. The panel of judges will be high school and college age avid readers.
First Place: $100 USD (paid through PayPal) + stories promoted on social media accounts that total 1M followers
Second Place: $50 USD (paid through PayPal) + stories promoted on social media accounts that total 500k followers
Romance: First and Second place will get promoted on social media accounts that total 500k followers
Thrillers: First and Second place will get promoted on social media accounts that total 500k followers
All winners will also get a Rising Star Badge on their profiles
If you tag a story withshortstorybash17, that story will automatically be entered.